Tuesday 12 February 2013

The Gym is My Coastal Path


By Lee Burton.

Various team members are reporting various training romps, in some cases I think it’s a nerves thing.  Work has sadly got in the way for me so no live coastal paths as of yet.  The best I have managed so far is further fundraising ideas, various plans and the actual start of my fundraising.  The gym was my coastal path before work, a cheeky hour on the cross trainer with the bulk of that time on a high resistance and high gradient followed by some weights and bodyweight work. Still need to shift some pounds to make sure I am not putting extra pressure on the joints.

Kit list is established and I have been checking what kit I already have, what I need to replace and what I need fresh.  Appointment booked in at the surgery for any jabs I need topping up on before the trip.  Fundraising meeting organised for the 6th March.

Still doesn’t seem real, but I am excited all the same.  Now it seems so far away but I bet it doesn’t take long before it is upon us . . . .

Click here to sponsor Lee:

No comments:

Post a Comment