Friday 6 September 2013

An Evening Coastal Walk


Well this is the first blog I've done ever in my whole life.

For once I managed to finish work a bit early yesterday, so I managed to persuade Jack to pick me up and it was off to the Lulworth car park to meet up with Tommy and Lee.

It was a beautiful afternoon/evening and as Tommy later pointed out, probably one of the last evening coastal walks we would be doing as the nights are drawing in.

To be honest I was dreading it...and the flash backs of nearly being sick the last time (for over doing it) had been haunting me for months.

So off we went, waking up Lee from a post work snooze in his car, and headed up the first hill. This walk is always a killer because you go straight onto the steep hill at the start.

As I hadn't done this walk for a few months I had forgotten about the land slide, so as we got to the top I stopped to have a look at what mother nature had done to the coastal path. Jack pointed out that soon the Caravan Park at Durdle Door would have cliff top views and we headed inland on the new detour.

It wasn't long before we hit the killer hills so I just tucked in behind Tommy and kept my head down. He was setting a nice steady pace and that's how it stayed until we got to the monument.

After a quick banana we turned around and headed back. It was getting late and as we were heading back up the final steep climb we were overtaken by a squaddie guy running! We were all very impressed by this until he stopped for a breather at the top.

It wasn't long before we were back at the car park. We managed to complete the walk in about 2 hours 20 minutes.

Although I haven't been doing much walking recently, I have been cycling a lot, and this seems to be paying off as it didn't kill me yesterday and I didn't ache this morning.

Finally it was pointed out that if we go for one walk a week we only have 16 more walks left...eeeek !

Click here to sponsor Benny:



No comments:

Post a Comment